Today is officially one week. M has been bugging me to try the workout videos with me, but since I get up at 5:30 on the weekdays to workout, she hasn't been able to join me. The only video she has done so far is core stretch which is basically like yoga. This morning I decided to let her try melt 1 with me, she loved it. She was able to follow it well and go between levels as needed for her ability. Plus, she said it was fun! I think this is so awesome that a 7 year old is excited to exercise and we can share a workout video...just goes to show the Can You 24 Workout, truly is for everyone. Don't worry, folks...I did not give her a spark. This kid of mine has natural born in spark all. the. time. I couldn't imagine her with added energy.
I measured today and also re-weighed, I chose Saturday, cause its
I love making a good breakfast on the weekends. Today I made a delicious concoction I created. Southwestern egg and lentil scramble. I know, it does not look terribly appetizing but OMG it was so delish. I only had one egg left, otherwise I would have used two. Must get to the farmer's market today to pick up more. Hold your horses before you flip on the fat level, most of the fat comes from the avocado which is GOOD FAT! You could use 0.25 of an avocado to reduce the fat.
Looking forward to an energy filled Saturday...wow it feels great to actually have energy to go out and do things. Tonight will be a test of will power. Helping with a kid's birthday party (cake, pizza, junk food!!) Then going to hang out with friends (junk food, cocktails) I got this, I will bring a healthy snack for the party and maybe sip a spark instead of cocktails. Thankfully I have super supportive friends that won't try to bring me to the dark side tonight! Happy Saturday!!
|Southwestern Egg and Lentil Scramble|
- 1 egg (2 if you have them, I only had one)
- .075 cup lentils prepared (.025c dry=.075c cooked)
- .05 Haas avocado, diced
- 2 Tbsp Salsa (or more to taste)
- 1 Tbsp almond milk (or other milk of your choice)
- 2 cloves garlic (I'm afraid of vampires so I load up on the garlic...oh wait now, its just delish!!)
- 0.5 tsp coconut oil
- .025 tsp taco seasoning (more or less to taste)
- Heat pan to medium low, add coconut oil
- Crush and chop garlic, add to pan
- Combine egg, milk, taco mix in a shaker or whisk together until light and fluffy
- Scramble eggs on medium low to desired texture
- Warm up lentils
- Mix all together and Enjoy!
Nutrition (1 egg) 330cal 25g carb 12g fiber 21g fat 15g protein. (2 eggs) add 70 cal 5g fat 6g protein
(0.25 avocado) subtract 70 cal 6.5g fat and 3.5g carb, 3g fiber, 1g protein.